This came from Maggie. Thanks Maggie for another awesome meme.
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. Love hot chocolate especially with a peppermint stick in it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has always wrapped the gifts. If they were really big like the bicycle that I got when I was 5, he wouldn't wrap them.
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white?
White lights on the house this year and big colored lights on the tree. Next year, I think the house will be decked out in the big colored lights as well.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, I don't hang mistletoe. I don't think I ever have.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
We try to put them up the weekend of Thanksgiving but it now depends on if the Princes are here or not. This year it wasn't until the second weekend in December when the princes were finally here.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I'd have to say my mom's hash browns that she always mad eon Christmas.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
The breakfast that we would have after opening gifts. My mom would make pancakes, hash browns, bacon, scrambled eggs and sausage-gravy with biscuits. This is something that I have continued with my own boys.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Truth about Santa? What?!? I don't think I was ever told about Santa and now having a Prince that is 7 years old, Santa is alive and well in our house.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
Not usually but last night Yummy gave me a Christmas Eve gift.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Santa always gets holly-doodles. It's a snickerdoodle rolled in red & green sugar. He's gotten these since I was a kid.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love looking at it when it's white but after it gets dirty, YUCK!
12. Can you ice skate?
I haven't skated in about 15 years. The last time was when I went with the guy I was dating at the time and that was back in 1992, I think. I will be going this year as the Princes want to go to the outdoor rink in our hometown.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I still have my favorite gift ever received as a kid. It's my teddy bear named Benny that my step-dad gave me after I "left" my beloved Snoopy in Chicago but really my mom threw him away after he was a mere shell of a dog. Literally, he was a shell that I carried around because all the stuffing had come out!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My grandma's sugar cream pie. I make it every year.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The Christmas breakfast. We're not having it this year since the Princes are at their dad's for the morning today.
17. What tops your tree?
It used to be a star with Santa in the middle when I was a kid. But as an adult, I can't ever remember topping the tree with anything. I've never found anything that I like.
18. What do you prefer... giving or receiving?
I really like to give gifts but receiving is always nice too.
19. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
"Do You Hear What I Hear?"
20. Candy canes... yuck or yum?
Love 'em! Especially the soft peppermint sticks.
21. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. But I am always careful to not give it to someone in the same circle of people that it came from.
22. Favorite Christmas movie?
"It's a Wonderful Life," "A Christmas Story", "The Holiday"
23. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I have one that my mom used when I was a kid. It was made by a lady that lived in our town and it's painted in a pearl paint. I always put on a tray with the angel hair and sometimes some white lights too.
24. What's the most annoying thing about this time of year?
The people who are rude and the people who think they need to express their pity for me because Yummy is working so much at the restaurant.