Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are You There? It's Me... Honey.

I haven't completely fallen off the face of the Earth... just slightly. :) I've just been insanely busy with work, taking care of Yummy after his Achilles tendon surgery, wedding planning, the Princes, new puppies... You name it, it's on my plate right now.

Yummy had surgery on Feb. 16th on his Achilles and spent 3 weeks at home with not being able to do ANY.FREAKIN'.THING. I swear what is it about men and when they're down? I'll admit he's not like when EH would get sick and you'd thought the world was coming to an end but it was still bad... he'd get up in the morning and make his way downstairs to sit on the couch all day and watch movies or play his PS 2. But, could the guy put a dirty glass in the dishwasher at least once? Come on... it's his foot that can't do anything, not his hands! Thank goddess that he went back to work before I blew a gasket because it was getting close. But, alas... things are better and he hopefully will be released completely from the surgeon in a few weeks.

At the same time of dealing with Yummy, the new puppies decided to eat our couch in the extra room. Yup, the entire arm of it. Luckily, most of it came right back out of them but poor Maggie had gotten a piece stuck in her stomach and spent the night at the ER vet's. They were going to do surgery but when they went to prep her, she got sick and the piece that was stuck was no longer stuck but she was borderline anemic which kept her overnight. Come to find out she was full of whip & hook worms so was put on a dewormer to take care of that problem. She's now gaining weight and things are looking up with her and her sister! (I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend of them.)

The wedding is planned! Yippee! Hooray! The hotel is booked in New Orleans, the reception planned at K Paul's, the minister at the French Quarter Wedding Chapel booked, carriages ordered, dress is in first alterations, cute little flip flops bought, rings ordered, invitations here... friends are starting to book their flights/hotel. I'm planning on spending the weekend addressing invites to get those out this next week. How exciting!

The Princes are all doing good especially after the melt-down that the oldest Prince had at his dad's a few weeks ago that I got blamed for because I got 2 more dogs. But EH made things right with the Princes... he went and bought them each a pet... a chameleon, tortoise, frog and newts! That's just what they needed... instead of a dad who actually parents them, they got more STUFF. But this time, STUFF that needs fed, cages cleaned... Oh, did I mention one newt escaped in the youngest princes room and is MIA for over a week now? Yup, my son will have a decaying, rotting newt corpse in his room in a few weeks. Yeah!

Other than that EH just keeps becoming more of an idiot... my middle Prince was sick and at his dad's and stayed home from school. EH told me at 7:30 that morning that he was going to call the dr. and take the Prince in to be checked because the severity of his sore throat. At 9:30, I get a text from EH asking if he can drop the Princes off at my house at 1:30 to Yummy. WTF!?! What happened to the dr.? When I got EH on the phone (he wouldn't answer his phones - my oldest prince had to), he said he wasn't taking the middle Prince to the dr. because he'd given him cough medicine and he wasn't coughing any more. What? This is the kid who has had strep Dec. and Jan. and stayed home the week prior because he didn't feel well! So, not to inconvenience EH, I took the Prince to the dr. to find out that he had strep along with a sinus infection! What an idiot! When I called to tell EH, he didn't answer his phone (of course!) but I got no apology, "that's too bad", NOTHING!!! Well, his nothing is going to be landing his butt right in mediation/court with it being very likely that FULL custody will be granted to me. That would be the only positive thing that comes from this!

And I'm on the hunt for a new teaching job... I have 2 classes that I HAVE to take before August to receive a renewal on my emergency permit to teach middle school and the college doesn't offer one of the classes at a time that I can take it (10 a.m. while I'm teaching just doesn't work) and the other class is not offered at all. When I talked to the licensing advisor, he told too bad and he was not going to support a request for an extension/waiver so I could have another year to take the classes. So, now I'll be out of a job unless I can find these 2 classes at another college and the advisor has to okay them before I'm allowed to register for them because they have to transfer to HIS college. What a jerk!

Well, I hope everyone is having a rockin' weekend... I spent the day with the Princes at an art festival that 2 of the 3 have art pieces displayed! How fantastic! Now, I'm off to finish some laundry, fix dinner and crash...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure haven't been bored!!
Glad alls well!

Riff Dog said...

Those requirements for Emergency Credentials can be such a PIA. First, the classes can often be useless, especially considering you're already teaching and experienced. But worse, they don't make it easy to schedule, do they? My sympathies.

But at least everything else sounds good (except Yummy's Achilles, but hopefully that will be good soon.)

d2b said...

Yeah, I just thought of you... Cool to see that you're are alive and well. I'm missing your blog ;)

Hubman said...

Yay for the wedding planning!

And boo on the EH. Sounds like a real winner :-(

Maggie said...

Sounds like all is going along like organized chaos- EH is such an arse... the wedding plans are marvelous sounding- good for you!

TUG said...

The college dude needs a kick in the nuts! Given how things are these days you'd think someone would try to help out a bit more. I do hope you find the classes you need.

Oh, you'll need to update your link. Not sure if you have access to that place anymore. Just email if you want it.

Honey said...

Sage - Bored? Me? No way! But I'd love a day to just laze around with a good book, cup of tea (didn't say what would be in the tea) and well, you get the idea...

Riff - Tell me about those classes. Why in the world do I need a physics and stats class? I'm already teaching math & science! I'm not trying to put a rocket on Mars and need to the calculate the probability of it landing on Venus should the gravitational pull from the sun suddenly shift because of a flare up.

d2b - Thanks for the email... I'm slow at everything these days but I'm around and doing fine. Thanks for the heartfelt concern. I'll stop by soon. {{hugs}}

Hubman - EH a winner? He was more of the boobie prize. LOL Yes, wedding is moving along. I had the first fitting after alterations on the dress yesterday! Yippee...

Maggie - You know me and organized chaos. But it sounds like you have some that going on too...

Tug - I know... losing my job was not high on my priority list. So, I've started the hunt again and I'm sure I'll find the dinero to take the classes but I'll just be putting it off until May to pay for them (last minute I am). :)