Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season

First day of Christmas break (officially) and the princes are off and tormenting each other. I leave this morning to take the dog to the groomers which is literally 5 minutes down the road and they start in as soon as the garage door starts. OY! It's going to be a long day and I am foreseeing some mommy cocktails in the near future. lol

Seriously, a completely insane day with groomers, dr. appt. & a little shopping with the princes plus holiday baking. I *adore* holiday baking! Chocolate crinkles, snickerdoodles in red & green sugars, carmel/chocolate pretzels, and the to die for peanut butter balls doused in chocolate! YUM-O!

I'll check in later to let you all know if I survived the baking with princes with or without adult libations. ;-)

***Update...***

We have the carmel/chocolate pretzels in the fridge along with the buckeyes but now I'm adding to the list taking care of a sick kiddo. The middle Prince has come down with a mysterious 102 degree fever, cough and a sore throat (a little as he puts it). He's been in bed sleeping since 4 p.m. I swear I will have a Christmas meltdown if he has that nasty flu AGAIN!! I'm praying that it's a fast moving illness and he's not down for the holidays but on the bright side - better he gets sick while he's with me for the week rather than the ex's house! Nothing like having momma around. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well have a drink for me!!!

Maggie said...

Hope he feels better before Santa gets here!