Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday 5 and More...

Here's a quick Friday 5 meme...

1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite? I'm thinking it was 'The Munsters'. I just loved that show as a kid and thought Grampa Munster was a riot!

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city? Elmo Lincoln - was the first Tarzan in the silent movies in 1918.

3. What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along? Wow, that's an easy one... I grew up listening to the stories about my grandfather performing in the circus with a high-wire act and then how when the act broke up, he went onto a solo act as a sway pole performer until his death in 1950 while performing in Colorado.

4. Which of previous generations’ dumb mistakes (in deed or thought) baffles you the most? Honestly, with my grandparents and great-grandparents, I can't think of anything that I thought was a 'dumb' mistake. Even with my parents, they've made their share of mistakes and some could be considered 'dumb' but they had their reasons and those reasons typically involved doing what they thought was best for myself and my siblings.

5. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to? Gathering on Sunday after church at a grandparent's house for Sunday lunch. I miss that so much! I did that *every* Sunday as a child. We would take turns between my mom's parents and my step-dad's. I could always count on fried chicken, mashed potatoes and sugar cream pie when we went to my mom's parents' and homemade noodles at my Grandma F.'s. She would ALWAYS get after me for eating raw noodles and tell me that the noodles were going to grow and fill my tummy up. :) What silliness... That never stopped me from snatching up the noodles that were being cut.

Join in on the fun... and thank you to Friday5 for the questions!

Hope everyone has a kick ass weekend... I'm off to enjoy my 3 days with no Princes! That means haircut, pedicure and a little shopping just for me!! Yeah!!

Oh... one more thing... I want to give a *HUGE* shout out to Vixen. She and PC are getting married tomorrow! So, if you have a chance, go on over to her site and send them some *love* and well wishes! Don't forget to tell them that I sent ya!


Myspace Comments - Congrats to the Happy Couple

3 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

enjoy your weekend pampering! :)

Rex Venom said...

Good thoughts and Fun Times!
Rock on!

Vixen said...

You're so sweet! Thanks babe!!! :)

xo