1. What is your definition of romantic? I never truly *knew* what romance was until Yummy. For me, it's when he does the 'little' things for me like leaving me a note telling how much he loves me, a playful text in the middle of the day, just calling to hear my voice for no reason, well... you get the idea. ***But, shhh... don't tell Yummy that I've spilled that he's a romantic. He's got an image to up hold. LOL***
2. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? I can be at times. I wish I was more of one because I know Yummy likes it when I do those little things for him.
3. Is your significant other romantic? Refer back to #1. Most definitely!!
4. Have you ever chastised a SO for not being romantic enough or too romantic? *Ahemcough*exhusband*cough* This was one of the 'big' things for me with my ex. He was never romantic. I think I can count on uh... maybe... 3 times in the entire almost 10 years of being together. One of these times was when we first started dating and the second came 7 years later and then it was another 3 years after that one! So, romantic... I'd say not! (Although, he really thinks he is! LOL)
5. What do you consider a grand romantic gesture? Have you ever been the recipient or giver of one? Grand romantic gesture? Hmm... I think an evening/day all planned out for me by Yummy which includes breakfast in bed, followed by well... some very hot, steamy sex, then a day filled with all my favorite things and ends with dinner at our favorite restaurant that we celebrated our engagement at or a special dinner made just for me by Yummy followed by some more hot, steamy sex... and then falling asleep in the arms of the man that I am SO in love with! Have I ever been the recipient or giver? Yes and Yes! ;)
6. If you have done something romantic to get laid, did it work? If not, why and how did that affect your romantic tendencies in the past. I guess I have thinking about it... I had set up the bedroom when I was married in this elaborate display with flowers, strawberries, whip cream, and a few 'adult' novelties (that were on the low key side of things). Did it work? That would be a resounding NO! Why didn't it work? Because I was married to a stick in the mud and 'moms don't do things like that.' And how did it affect me? I was crushed because I had planned this for 2 weeks while he was a business trip, told him/hinted to the 'adult novelties' and when he got home... the only thing he wanted to do was sit in bed and watch TV and told me that I was the mother of his children and I shouldn't do things like that. Uugghhh... I was not just crushed but devastated!
7. What is the most romantic thing you have ever done? Had done for you? OMG... these are so hard this week - I really have to think about these! Most romantic thing I have done? Hmm... let's see... Yummy would either say when I sent him flowers at work because he was having a horrible day, I couldn't be with him AT ALL and I wanted to cheer him up. I sent it with a card only he would understand and you know what... he STILL has the card that came with the flowers OR when I made him breakfast in bed the first time ~ I made his favorite sausage & cheese grits... needless to say it didn't get eaten that morning! We had not seen each other for a week. ~grinning~
Thanks to ASM for the great questions this week! Also, for the very sappy movie clip. ;) Go on over to TMI Tuesday and play along. Or play here but ya' know ya' want to!