- Wednesday spent the evening with the Princes downtown viewing the lighting of the Santa & Reindeer on the bank building along with the big lighted wreath on another building. Then we walked several more blocks and went to view a festival of decorated trees. These just aren't any trees - these are over the top decorated by local people/groups and sponsored by another group. Each local sports team had a tree decorated and their mascots were there to kick off the event. Santa & Mrs. Claus were a hit. The youngest Prince saw Santa and gave him a small list. ~wink, wink~ We ended the night with dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. The Princes love this place if only for the peanuts! lol
- Thursday was a lazy start to the day since we were heading to Thanksgiving lunch. Yummy made an awesome salad with pork belly croutons while I roasted brussels sprouts and topped with a hazelnut & sage butter with a hint of honey. We spent a nice afternoon with family having good food & plenty of wine. ;-)
- I attempted to hit the black Friday sales at midnight at the local Toys 'r Us but the line when I got to the store was 300+ people. No kidding! The store called the local police for crowd control because people were lining up on both sides of the store. The sales weren't that sensational for me to fight this angry mob (err... I mean crowd). So, back home I went to bed.
- I did go out Friday but not until 4 hours after the stores opened. I did get some good deals and finished my shopping for the princes. WooHoo!!
- Friday night was spent with the Princes and Yummy playing board games. Connect 4 was a huge hit along with Uno Attack.
- Today's been the usual laundry, cleaning in preparation for the big tree decorating tomorrow.
- Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when I get to see my mom. She's moving back!!! I'm so excited because sometimes you just need your mom. :)
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Family, Friends, Food & Long Weekend
I love this time of year... the hustle and bustle, gathering with family & friends, cooking, shopping, the lights... you name it, I *heart* it!