Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Freakin' Halloween

It wasn't the scariest of Halloween's or maybe it was? The middle prince wasn't able to go out and plunder the neighborhood with his brothers for all the sugary treasures because he has the freakin' killer virus going around!

It started for him on Thursday with fever and by Saturday he wasn't getting any better. The fever was actually rising to just over 102 and he said he was having 'lung pain' when he coughed. Off to the dr. we went on Saturday for Doogie Howser to tell us that he had a cold or the flu. Really? No, I wouldn't have thought it was that!

So, the prince got to stay home with me while his brothers went trick-or-treating with their 'father'. He picked them up at 5:30 so they could head to his neighborhood for the start of trick-or-treating. Not a biggie but he had his girlfriend with him at MY HOUSE... this woman is no gem. Seriously, I'm glad he found someone and she suits him to a tee but what gets me is that when she's around me she has to puff out her chest and strut her stuff like she's marking her territory. I hate to tell her that I've been there, done that and don't want it. She can have him!! Uugghh...

Everything was going okay until 8 p.m. hit and the princes were to be back to me. See, I had emailed the ex earlier in the day telling him that the middle prince went to the dr. and his fever was rising and he would not be going trick-or-treating. In this email, I asked him if he would bring the other two princes back to me at the agreed upon 8 p.m. time so I wouldn't have to load up the sick one and drag him 30 minutes across town to pick up the other two princes. He responded saying he would bring them back. So...

At 8:30 p.m. the princes were not back. I sent the ex a text asking if they were on their way because at this point, I started to worry that something may have happened. I got a response back saying that they were on their way but I was suppose to pick them up at 8! WTF??? Seriously???

They got here at 8:50 p.m. The princes came in and I stepped out on the porch to talk to asshole and had the email in hand. Showed it to him and he insisted that I was to pick them up according to the original email arrangement but when I pointed out that I had emailed him earlier in the day asking for him to bring them back and he responded he would, all he said was that he had not read the 8 p.m. time and I was trying to cheat him out of time with the princes! And that he was to have them until 8 p.m. Well, if he would have returned them at 8 p.m., wouldn't he still have had them until 8? I tried to reason with him but there was none of that going to happen. He was laughing at me when I told him that he had no regard for me or ANY agreement that we made between the two of us! He told me that I couldn't do anything about this and I reminded him that he was actually in contempt. He told me to do what I wanted because it wasn't going to matter because nothing would happen and for me to have fun in court. That's when I exploded and told him that he could explain to the judge why he's such a fucking retard and wanted me to load his sick child up with a 102 degree fever to drive across town to get the other two when he was quite capable of bringing them back to me!

Uugghh... I'm home tomorrow and will be calling the attorney to insist that contempt charges be filed on the asshole because the ONLY thing that will make the asshole be accountable is actually getting him in front of a judge and making him answer for his actions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, I'm so sorry you and the kids are having to deal with this. I hope you're able to hold his feet to the fire, he certainly deserves it.

Hoochie Mama said...

Awe, poor kid! I was sick almost every year when I lived in MI. I never got to trick or treat til I was older. :( LOL!

I'm sorry you are having to deal with your ex like that. You do have to show him you mean it. They act like they can do what they want. They don't pay attention to "the papers". I've had to remind mine a few times about "the papers" and what they say. Ugh... good luck!

Honey said...

Thanks for the support! Definitely trying to show him I mean business. He and the parenting coordinator who's to be helping with communication both told me that if I don't dismiss my motion for modified custody then neither will work with me! WTF??? My attorney (god love him) was no way in hell going to let me dismiss the motion. So, it looks like I'll be getting an early Christmas present of a court date after all this time. ;-)